Design Engineering Teamleader [TX-011118]
Our partner is a manufacturing company. We are looking for Design Engineering Teamleader
The Engineering Supervisor will be responsible for the management of Design Engineering, Sustaining Engineering, Compliance, and Engineering Lab resources, and for driving Product Development (XPD/NBO), existing product sustaining, extensions, improvements, safety, compliance and cost reduction projects.
The Engineering Supervisor will plan and direct the activities of the engineering team, and is responsible for sustaining existing product lines, developing new products and extensions (variants), implementing design and manufacturing changes, ensuring product safety and compliance, and for supporting supply chain and cost reduction projects.
- Place of work:
- To coordinate 4 engineers and 2 technicians
- Reports to Global Engineering Director
- Supervises and manages direct reports workloads as well as managing the overall responsibilities of the SFC EMEA
- Engineering team, ensuring relevant representation and involvement in setting and achieving strategic direction as defined by the Global Engineering Director and local Site Leadership team.
- Plan and provide direction to subordinates responsible for sustaining existing products, developing new products and extensions, implementing design and manufacturing improvements, ensuring product safety and compliance, and supporting supply chain and cost reduction projects.
- Monitor work progress on a daily basis, and actively assists subordinates.
- Ensure that all projects are completed on schedule following established procedures and schedules.
- Manage and develop expense and capex budgets for Engineering team and Development Projects, including Compliance, Testing, operating requirements, equipment, and material purchases.
- Serve as customer contact for technical program information.
- Ensure Product Safety and Customer Service Quality.
- Provide technical oversight and assistance to other departments as required.
- Responsible for designing, validating, and bringing new products and product extensions to market
- Responsible for specifying precise new product functional requirements; the designs, tests and integration of components to produce final designs
- Responsible for collaboration with internal manufacturing partners, contract manufacturers, designers and product specialists to optimize designs for manufacturability
- Responsible for utilizing CAD (Computer Aided Design) or CAE (Computer Aided Engineering) systems to model new designs and production of detailed engineering drawings
- Responsible for ensuring all new products and extensions are Safe, and meet customer requirements including respective Agency requirements
- Provide investigation, analysis and solving of technical problems encountered by customers, engineering services, quality control, marketing, procurement and manufacturing departments.
- Produce professional reports to document and communicate the findings of investigations and testing.
- Provide guidance for test methods and procedures to simulate real product application and system conditions for verification testing.
- Create, maintain and organize documentation required for product manufacturing, including bills of materials and engineering drawings. Preparation of ECR/ECN package based upon sustaining changes and/or release of product extensions.
- Budget responsiblities: Sustaining Expenses (Opex) and Capital Expenditures (CapEx)
- Complex decisions relating to product development, sustaining of existing product designs and related projects, product testing and technical support
- English language
- 5-8 years work experience
- Leadership experience is required.
- Must have leadership and management skills to direct and manage employees to achieve project and department goals and outcomes
- Must have a knowledge base of supervisor skills and understanding of a supervisor’s role and responsibilities
- Must be able to communicate effectively the technology, its application and benefits to a wide audience to include customers and senior management.
- Must demonstrate a full understanding of business competencies, business unit operations, financial objectives, and support the business initiatives and objectives.
- Experience in managing and developing budgets
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment
Competitive salary, cafeteria, bonus, fuel support