Engineering Manager [MAV-010113]
Our partner is one of the world's biggest cosmetic company on the market. We are currently recruiting for an Engineering Manager to join the Budapest IT Centre of Excellence.
- Place of work:
The Engineering Manager
- is accountable for the integral, consistent, cross-disciplinary and multi-product engineering management,
- needs to oversee the disciplines of agile product development, integration, continuous delivery, product lifecycle management and level 3 support, and additionally, making sure to best deploy and allocate available resources to maximize the output of the underlying team,
- needs to line manage developers (associates and contract resources) and external partners providing professional services, with ultimate accountability for product development aligned with vision, functional roadmap, delivery timeline and best practices in accordance with professional expectations defined by enterprise functions (business architecture, integration architecture, CI/CD, software quality management),
- exhibits a strong product mindset in understanding the best professional remits of delivering product increments defined by product managers to best shape their product roadmaps and consistently accommodate these needs in their appropriate places,
- is the professional leader of the software development discipline. This includes not only supporting and managing the developers in their daily job but also identifying potential points of improvement and bringing in best practices from industry to enhance their productivity and ways of work,
- conducts code reviews to assess quality of source code delivered by their team or external partners, and also capture feedbacks from product managers, quality assurance teams and end users to assess delivery quality,
- provides a proactive coaching to team members to further strengthen best practices and eliminate/transform waste – leading to a higher quality and leaner software development process,
- manages agile product deliveries, in a strong partnership with the delivery manager, product managers, Scrum Masters and release manager(s).
- Bachelor degree / Computer engineering is preferred,
- 5-7 years software development experience with multiple technologies, product mindset and experience in agile software delivery preferably in multinational environment,
- experience in leading small teams,
- excellent problem solver, quick in understanding real problems and engage necessary parties,
- proficiency in English.
- Key challenge of this role is to oversee complex, multi-product agile software development processes, and to improve team delivery quality and use of contemporary software development paradigms.
- Competitive salary and yearly bonus,
- attractive benefit package (cafeteria, company car),
- interesting and challenging projects,
- long term career path in an international environment,
- great located office.