Cloud Hosting and Operations SME [KAV-020114]
This position is responsible for cloud operations in the company - Management of a 24/7/365 mission critical cloud environments and infrastructure operations, including oversight of related infrastructure activities like vendor management of the Cloud subscriptions and administration services for all technologies supported in different platforms. Drive the planning, definition, implementation and support of cloud migration activities (from On-Prem to Cloud environments) through external IT infrastructure operations providing vendors (HCL, Cloudreach). Ensure that all SLAs are met over a consistent operational process and adequate capacity planning. Provide guidance for critical technical operational issues with effective participation of daily Ops meetings. Manages external vendor relationships with contract administrators to review, negotiate, and revise relevant contracts. Promote global cloud process and method standardization. Support and Develops policies and procedures for all IT cloud operating environments. Coordinate with IT, enhancement and business teams and develop strategies to ensure achievement of cloud capacity. Together with Disaster Recovery architect be responsible for Cloud Disaster recovery annual tests engaging all areas required.
Current primary cloud providers to consider are AWS, Microsoft Azure, Google.
- Place of work:
Cloud Related Activities (60%):
- Provide direct analysis and recommendations associated with the implementation or migration of specific applications to cloud services,implementing and maintaining cloud management solutions including initial and ongoing configuration of related automation, notifications, and reporting capabilities,
- follow up the SLAs, high critical incidents, PBI and daily operations to ensure quality and performance against contracts agreements,
- participate in all critical incidents (CIMT) to make sure the issues are addressing in a best way on the areas under responsibilities,
- provide and organize the annual disaster recovery tests for cloud environments engaging vendors, internal IT teams and business,
- backup and Recovery – Follow up the service provider to make sure all backups are success running, recovery tests are in place, Issues are being addressed, and backups are being kept according to retention policies,
- work with a variety of legacy applications and platforms and work with application teams to implement or migrate associated components to cloud services,
- identify and troubleshoot cloud service events and issues as well as work with cloud service providers to efficiently solve issues or implement workarounds,
- perform technical planning, system integration, verification and validation, evaluate alternatives including cost and risk, supportability and analyze for total systems,
- analysis are performed at all levels of total system product to include: concept, design, fabrication, test, installation, operation, maintenance and disposal,
- help the Cloud Solution Delivery Architect(s) to ensure the logical and systematic conversion of product requirements into total systems solutions that acknowledge technical, schedule, and cost constraints,
- help the Cloud Solution Delivery Architect(s) to perform functional analysis, timeline analysis, trade studies, requirements allocation and interface definition studies to translate customer requirements into hardware and software specifications,
- work with Cloud Solution Delivery Architect(s) and remain abreast of and analyze new and emerging technologies and tools for applicability to field,
- prepare reports and/or recommendations of new and/or changing processes/products,
- help with budget planning for investments.
Vendor management (40%):
- Drive the planning, definition, implementation and support of cloud migration activities (from On-Prem to Cloud environments) through external IT infrastructure operations providing vendor,
- drive the operational support of the existing and future Cloud hosted solutions through external IT infrastructure operations providing vendor,
- drive the incident and problem resolution process of Cloud hosted environments/solutions through external IT infrastructure operations providing vendor.
- Experience with AWS & Microsoft Azure
- 3+ years Cloud Service experience
- High level knowledge of DevOps operations/tooling/practices
- IAAC principles, Jenkins, terraform , python and git knowledge is a plus
- Strong strategic and operational view
- Strong background knowledge on Data Center and Cloud disciplines.
- Multi-tasking capabilities
- High knowledge on Disaster Recovery Capabilities
- Strong Problem resolution skill
- Communication skills.
- BS or equivalent plus 4 years related experience, or MS plus 3 years related experience
- AWS Certified SysOps Administrator
- AWS Certified Cloud Practitioner
- AWS Certified DevOps Engineer is advantage
- AWS Certified Solution Architect is advantage
- Competitive salary and yearly bonus,
- Home office/remote opportunity
- attractive benefit package,
- interesting and challenging projects,
- long term career path in an international environment,
- great located office in Budapest, Váci út.