Data Center Hosting and Operations SME [KAV-011027]
This position together with “Tower Services - Service DC lead” is responsible for all data center operations in the company. The scope of responsibilities includes management of a 24/7/365 mission critical data centers and infrastructure operations, Oversight of related infrastructure activities, Vendor management of 3-rd party support vendors, Co-Lo Data Center administration, Coordinating support services for all technologies and IT platforms. Ensure that all SLAs are met over a consistent operational process and adequate capacity planning. Provide guidance for critical technical operational issues with effective participation of daily Ops meetings. Manages external vendor relationships with contract administrators to review, negotiate, and revise relevant contracts. Promote global data center process and method standardization. Support and Develops policies and procedures for all IT infrastructure operating environments. Coordinate with IT, enhancement and business teams and develop strategies to ensure achievement of data center capacity. Responsible for Disaster recovery annual tests engaging all areas required.
- Place of work:
Data center Operations - Server Integrator management / Co-Lo Vendor management (60%):
• Follow up the SLAs, high critical incidents, PBI and daily operations to ensure quality and performance against contracts agreements
• Participate in all critical incidents (CIMT) to make sure the issues are addressing in a best way on the areas under responsibilities
• Provide and organize the annual disaster recovery tests engaging vendors, internal IT teams and business.
• Backup and Recovery – Follow up with the service provider to make sure all backups are success running, recovery tests are in place, Issues are being addressed.
• Review and propose improvements/automation on operational process.
• Work very close to engineering department for Non-outsourced data centers in order to make sure the rule of security, culling and energy are followed to guarantee stability.
• Provide support to audits related to Data center and System Administration
• Communicate issues properly to different levels of the company accordingly.
• Support all project implementation and hosting definition.
• Help with budget planning for investments.
Vendor management: 40%:
• General Vendor Management – Service providers, hardware and software providers. Participate on regular meetings with the vendors and drive improvement in the service.
• Vendor Management of the Strategic Infrastructure Support vendor – HCL. Coordinate the Infrastructure support and operational activities and make sure the service provider meets SLAs. Organize scheduled meetings with the vendor teams and clearly articulate how to remediate gaps in the service and how to improve the operations.
- Min 3-5 years’ experience in working within a globally / regionally federated virtual team and outsourced service provider, working with a broad range of diverse and complicated business & IT functions
- Strong strategic and operational view
- Strong background knowledge on Data Center disciplines including facilities.
- Multi-tasking capabilities
- High knowledge on Disaster Recovery Capabilities
- ITIL V3 is a plus
- Strong Problem resolution skill
- Good Communication and Documentation skills in English.
- CDCP - Certified Data Center Professional (desirable)
- Knowledge in the following technologies is a plus: Windows, Linux, AIX, VMware, HP blades, Cisco UCS & HCI HyperFlex, NetApp, Dell/EMC, DataDomain, Avamar, Veeam, SolarWinds, Dynatrace
- Competitive salary and yearly bonus,
- Home office/remote opportunity
- attractive benefit package,
- interesting and challenging projects,
- long term career path in an international environment,
- great located office in Budapest, Váci út.