Subject Matter Expert, SAP MM [AS-040717]
We are shaping a lighter future through a global reach and local presence within aluminium manufacturing through our extrusions, building systems, and precision tubing businesses. We have 23,500 employees in more than 40 countries, with our headquarters located in Oslo, Norway.
Sapa Shared Services is an internal service provider of the global Sapa company, delivering end-to-end Information Services (IS), Information Technology (IT) and Financial Shared Services (FSS) to more than 100 locations where Sapa operates. With our more than 500+ employees in the Sapa Shared Services located in 20 countries we have one common goal; to provide the best services to our clients. Our Shared Services has 3 major hubs: Székesfehérvár as Center of Excellence (Hungary), Pittsburgh (USA) and Jaipur (India).
The new SAP team will be loacated in Budapest.
- Place of work:
- The Subject Matter Expert (SME) is the solution expert of Material Management (MM) module in SAP,
- SME is considered as the “go-to” person when detailed setup or solution design questions are to be addressed on MM functional area,
- Creation of the Functional Design Documentation (FDD) including: Detailed solution design/ Test scenarios/scripts to validate the solution,
- Within the Operational Support process SME is considered as 3rd level support,
- Act as liaison with the live businesses to: proactively engage with solution proposals; keep up networking within the respective functional area/module; ensure leveraging best practices,
- Tightly collaborates with the Global Solution Architects to: ensure global template consistency, solution fits across business areas,
- Supports multiple projects and BAU activities,
- Reviews and supports testing of the developer code for developments in conjunction with developers and liaises and resolves faults identified with the Data Migration / Integration and Testing teams in support of testing cycles,
- Area of responsibility: standard costing, actual costing, cost centre accounting, internal order accounting, reporting and analysis.
- 5+ years plus working experience with SAP or variant in a hands on project environment,
- Experience in enterprise-level SAP projects using waterfall methodology throughout the whole life cycle,
- Expert level understanding of the SAP product suite,
- Extensive experience with SAP configuration, including workflows, validation rules, and security controls,
- Experience defining business requirements, writing functional design documentation,
- Expert level experience of SAP modules and underlying architecture design,
- Experience in designing SAP software components,
- Experience integrating SAP with different business systems, as well as working with integration tools,
- Expert level understanding of environment management, release management, code versioning best practices, and deployment methodologies,
- Expert in depth understanding of business functions, specific knowledge of Material Management (MM) module,
- College or University (IT /Business) degree or equivalent,
- Strong spoken and written English,
- SAP implementation experience in multinational environment,
- Travelling willingnes 50% within Europe.
- Excellent remuneration package (13th of the month salary payments, supplementary benefits, Christmas benefits, company pension scheme membership and annual bonus),
- Commitment to professional training and development, challenging and rewarding tasks, opportunities for career advancement in a rapidly growing multinational organization.